Thursday, November 8, 2012


            Thursday’s Title…

 Welcome again to another Thursday Title episode.  Today we have none other than the wonderful Jillian Chantal. So please sit back and enjoy.

      Thanks, Rebecca, for having me here today to share a little about my novel, “Sebastian's Salvation”. I’m excited to share a bit about my inspiration for the hero in this book.
     
       In my writing process, I usually visualize the hero before anything else. In this story, I had the actor Idris Elba in my head. He’s a wonderful actor and I love him in pretty much everything I’ve seen him in. Check him out on sometime if you get a chance. I’m sure you’ll be charmed like I was.

       Sebastian's Salvation is a contemporary romantic suspense based mostly in London. There are a few scenes in France at a ski resort and I thought it might be fun to share an excerpt snippet of one of those. Since the characters are eating chili, as a change from a blog post that merely shares an excerpt and since it's still cool in some places, I thought I'd throw in my crockpot chili recipe. It's easy and no fuss for those lazy days. 

       I'm giving away one e-book copy of Sebastian's Salvation to one commenter who shares their favorite cold weather meal.  Thanks again, Rebecca for having me over to visit. 

 
 

 
 
Three lives intertwine—a former Green Beret, now a painter of nude portraits tormented by the death of his comrade, an earl’s daughter, and a crazed stalker. Will the acts of the stalker force the soldier back into the life of violence which he sought to avoid?

Sebastian Hughes, wounded on a mission in Afghanistan, discovers a talent for painting nude portraits while in a rehabilitation center learning to walk again after losing part of his leg. He becomes the toast of London society and women clamor to be painted by him.

Lady Joanna Gresham, nursing a broken heart and used to getting what she wants, sets her sights on having her portrait painted by Sebastian. Once she meets him, she wants him for herself. She pursues him, intent on winning him. What she didn’t count on was a stalker who wants to harm everyone Sebastian holds dear.

 


 Excerpt:

Hugh waved Sebastian over to the seat next to him. “Come sit over here, Hughes. Saved you a spot.”

Sebastian took the seat and sat his tray on the table. “Thanks. Appreciate it.”

“Least I can do is save you a spot here on this end with the men. I bet you have women hanging over you all the time.” Hugh jerked his head in the direction of the other end of the table where the women sat.

Sebastian looked in the same direction. “Is that a bad thing?”

The other men at the table laughed. Sebastian crumbled crackers into his chili and dug in.

Joanna, from the opposite end of the table, yelled down to her brother, “What are you laughing about?”

“Just Sebastian’s poor life of naked women all around.”

“We’re all clothed now, Elsanor.” Joanna looked at her two friends and laughed.

Sebastian looked up from his chili. “Bet I could get any of the three of you naked in two minutes flat. All I’d need is a paintbrush in my hand.”

Victoria blushed as Joanna looked him in the eye from her end of the table. “Best watch out with the bets, Bast. You already lost one to me today.”

Sebastian raised one eyebrow. “Did I, now?”

“You know you did. I beat you down the hill best out of three runs.”

“And what did you win, Lady Joanna?”

“The right to have you paint my portrait.” Her face registered triumph.

“You mean the right to get naked in front of me?”

Joanna and her two friends both gasped.

Sebastian took a bite of his chili and once he swallowed, he looked at Hugh and asked, “See? All it takes is a paintbrush. Want me to teach you?”

 
Recipe:

• 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/2 cup green peppers, diced
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 teaspoon dried cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 can refried beans
• 2 15 to 16oz cans of kidney beans (not drained)


In a large skillet, brown ground turkey or beef and drain.  Add all ingredients to crock pot except the can of refried beans.  Cover and cook on low 2 hours.  Add refried beans to chili for thickening.  Cover and cook on low for an additional 2 hours.

 

Visit me on the web here: http://jillianchantal.com/news/

twitter: https://twitter.com/JillianChantal



 
You can visit Jillian Chantal anytime, she would love to hear from you. Till then, stay tuned next week for another exciting visitor for Thursday’s Title

 Keep Reading…

 Rebecca Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for letting me come by today, Rebecca. It's a cool day here in NW Florida and chili may be on the agenda for me.

    ReplyDelete